當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1996期:曠課,曠工

迷你對話學地道口語第1996期:曠課,曠工

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.55W 次

Dialogue:

padding-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1996期:曠課,曠工

A: I'm feeling under the weather and not in the mood for doing anything today.

我今天身體不舒服,什麼都幹不下去。

B: Play hooky. I won't spill the beans.

逃課吧,我不會告訴任何人的。

A: I know, but I can't. I have many assignments to do today. We'll have a test tomorrow, you know.

我知道,可是不行,我今天還有很多功課要做,而且你也知道,我們明天還要考試。

一, 詞海拾貝

play hooky

exp. To absent oneself or leave early from school or work when one would normally be required to be there. (逃學,曠工,缺席)

e.g. I was so restless and bored at work that I decided to play hooky after lunch.

我在工作中煩躁不安、百無聊賴,所以午飯後決定曠工。

e.g. That's the last time you play hooky, mister! From now on, I'm dropping you off at school every morning!

先生,這是你最後一次逃學了。從現在起,我每天早上送你上學!

e.g. I don't have time for the sales meeting today, so I think I'll just play hooky.

我今天沒有時間參加銷售會議,所以我想我只能缺席。

二, 語彙積累

1. under the weather:身體不適

e.g. When you wake up, you feel a little under the weather.

起牀時,您覺得身體微恙。

e.g. His father was under the weather last week, but he's all right now.

他的父親上星期病了,但現在已經好了。

2. spill the beans:說漏嘴,泄密

e.g. You can't keep a secret——you see no reason why you shouldn't spill the beans.

你保守不了祕密—你覺得沒有理由非守口如瓶不可。

e.g. Xing, afraid Wang's wife might spill the beans and reveal his connection with the plot, hastily exited.

興生怕王的妻子守不住嘴,說出這事與自己有關,趕緊溜走。

3. in the mood:興致勃勃,心情愉快

e.g. To tell the truth he was not really in the mood for anything.

說實在的,他此時幹什麼事都打不起精神。

e.g. I am not in the mood for a victory parade. We aren't at the end yet.

我現在沒有興致搞凱旋閱兵式,大功尚未告成。

e.g. I answered with a nod, not really in the mood to bother with a small child.

我點點頭,沒心思搭理一個小孩。

其它:do one’s assignment:做作業

have a test:考試