當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2046期:使人厭煩

迷你對話學地道口語第2046期:使人厭煩

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.55W 次

情景對話:

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2046期:使人厭煩

A: They are the best friends in my eyes.

我看他們兩個可真是好朋友。

B: Do you really think so?

你真這麼認爲嗎?

A: Yes.

是的。

B: Yesterday, our teacher praised Tom, right?

昨天老師表揚了湯姆,對吧?

A: Yeah, but what?

是呀,那又怎樣?

B: Didn't you see Jim's face, such praise of Tom stuck in his throat.

你難道沒看見吉姆的臉色嗎,他很惱火。

第一, 詞海識貝

stick in one’s throat

exp. To annoy someone or make someone cannot accept something. (使人厭煩,讓人難以接受

e.g. The way that Bob was fired has stuck in his throat all these years. If it had been handled differently, I don't think it would have affected him as much.

這些年來,鮑勃被解僱這件事一直讓他耿耿於懷。如果能換一種方式處理,我想對他的影響不會這麼大。

e.g. Her comment really stuck in my throat. She was really out of line to say that.

她的評論真的讓我很惱火,說那些話實在是太過分了。

What really sticks in my throat is the way that she just assumes she'll be in charge of the project.

真正讓我惱火的是她自以爲是地認爲她將負責這個項目。

e.g. It sticks in his throat to have to take any order from his boss.

要他對老闆百依百順真使他無法接受。

e.g. It sticks in his throat to take orders from a man who once worked for him.

得服從一個曾經做下屬的人的命令,這使他難以忍受。

第二, 語彙積累

1. praises of:對某人的讚揚

e.g. The praises of his friends made the boy feel very proud.

朋友們的讚揚使這個小夥子感到很得意。

2. in one’s eye(s):在某人的心目中,在某人的眼中

e.g. The author's half drunken state did not in the least impair his eminence in my eyes.

在我的眼裏,這位作家的醺醺醉態絲毫無損他的高尚。

e.g. In my eye, Jake, you're the most wonderful man on the planet.

Janck,在我眼裏,你是這個星球上最棒的男人。