當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第41期: stumped 難住

The english we speak(BBC教學)第41期: stumped 難住

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.42W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第41期: stumped 難住

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm here with Rob today. Hello Rob.

菲菲:大家好,歡迎來到我們所說的英語。和我一起的是羅伯。你好羅伯。

Rob: Hi everyone. Now Feifei, I hope you appreciate me bringing you to this typical English cricket match.

羅伯:大家好。現在,菲菲,我希望你能喜歡我帶你來這個英國特色的板球比賽

Feifei:Cricket is not really my sport but…yes Rob, it's wonderful. Such an exciting game! I love cricket, especially when a goal is scored.

菲菲:板球並不是我愛的運動但是...是的羅伯,這太棒了。好激動人心的比賽啊!我喜歡板球,特別是得分的時候。

Rob: Err… that's in football Feifei.

羅伯:額...這不是足球菲菲。

Feifei: Oh yes, of course, I knew that. I am really quite an expert on cricket, you know.

菲菲:哦是的,當然了,我知道。跟你說,我真的是板球的專家。

Rob: Really? So what do we call that man over there who's throwing the ball?

羅伯:真的?那麼我們把那裏那個扔球的男人叫什麼?

Feifei: That's easy... it's the... errr... hmmm...

菲菲:這很簡單...他是...額...嗯...

Rob: That's stumped you!

羅伯:這難住你了!

Feifei: Stumped! That's a word they use in cricket... isn't it?

菲菲:難住!這是板球裏的用詞,不是嗎?

Rob: Well, it is - when the ball hits the stumps - that's the three sticks that the batsman stands in front of - the batsman is stumped. But the word stumped has another meaning: It means you can't answer a question or you don't know how to solve a problem.

羅伯:是的,當球擊到擊球手前面的三根木棍組成的門柱,那麼擊球手就被困住了。但是這個詞還有另外的意思:它的意思是你回答不上問題或你不知道如何解決一個難題。

Feifei: I see. So it means you're stuck and don't know what to say or do. Well, it's true Rob, your question has 'stumped' me!

菲菲:我懂了。所以它的意思是你被困住而且不知道怎麼說或怎麼做。那麼是的羅伯,你的問題難住我了!

Rob: Well, have a think about the answer while we listen to some examples of the word 'stumped' in action...

羅伯:那麼,趁着我們聽“難住”這個詞的實際例子的時候,你可以想一想答案。

This extremely strange weather has stumped all the experts.

這個極端的奇怪天氣難住了所有的專家。

Oh no, I was stumped by the final question on the exam paper. I'm going to fail now!

哦不,我被試卷上最後一個問題難住了。我這次要失利了!

The rest of the team tried to work out why Sally lost the race, but they were totally stumped.

團隊剩下的人嘗試着弄明白爲什麼薩利輸了比賽,但是它們被完全難住了。

Feifei: Rob, I'm not stumped by your earlier question.

菲菲:羅伯,我沒有被你之前的問題難住。

Rob: What was that?

羅伯:那問題是什麼呢?

Feifei: What do you call the man who throws the ball? It's the... ballman!

菲菲:你把那個扔球的人叫什麼呢?那是...球人!

Rob: Oh, I give up!

羅伯:哦,我放棄了!

Feifei: What's wrong with that? Anyway, I bet you don't know what they're selling in the snack bar downstairs!

菲菲:有什麼錯嗎?不管怎樣,我打賭你一定不知道樓下的零食店在賣什麼?

Rob: Errr...

羅伯:額...

Feifei: Ah, that's stumped you! They're selling hot dogs, with mustard. Yum!

菲菲:啊,這難住你了!他們在賣熱狗,芥末味的。好吃!

Rob: Oh great, could you get me one?

羅伯:哦太好了,你可以給我買一個嗎?

Feifei: You'll have to 'stump up' first!

菲菲:你需要先付錢!

Rob:Are we talking cricket again?

羅伯:我們又在說板球嗎?

Feifei: No Rob. Keep up. 'To stump up' is a phrasal verb meaning to pay for something, usually without wanting to. So come on Rob, 3 pounds please.

菲菲:不,羅伯。跟上變化。“付清”是一個動詞詞組,意思是爲某物付錢,通常在不情願的情況下。所以來吧羅伯,3英鎊。

Rob: But I paid for the tickets. Oh, this just isn't cricket!

羅伯:但是我付了票錢。哦,這個不是板球!

Both: Bye.

一起:再見。