當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第144期:Gatecrash 不請自來

The english we speak(BBC教學)第144期:Gatecrash 不請自來

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.32W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第144期:Gatecrash 不請自來

Wang Fei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Wang Fei.

王飛:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是王飛。

William: And I'm William. Welcome to the programme. You look very smart today, Wang Fei.

威廉:我是威廉。歡迎收聽本期節目。王飛,你今天看起來真帥。

Wang Fei: (false modesty) Mm, really? Do you think so?

王飛:(故作謙虛)嗯,是嗎?你這麼認爲嗎?

William: Oh, yeah-very smart. Look at your bow tie! And your evening Jacket!

威廉:哦,是啊,非常帥。看看你的蝶形領結!還有你的晚禮服!

Wang Fei: Well, this is just a little something I get out every now and then. I'm sure George and Jack and Tom will be will be wearing something similar.

王飛:嗯,這只是我偶爾會穿出來的一些衣服。我確定喬治、傑克和湯姆也會穿類似的衣服。

William: Who? George, Jack and...?

威廉:誰?喬治、傑克,還有誰?

Wang Fei: (off-hand) Oh yeah, you know. George Clooney, Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise.

王飛:(馬上)哦,對,你知道的,喬治·克魯尼,傑克·尼科爾森和湯姆·克魯斯。

William: What? You're going to see George Clooney and Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise tonight?!

威廉:什麼?你今晚要去見喬治·克魯尼、尼克·尼科爾森和湯姆·克魯斯?

Wang Fei: Yep. Cannes Film Festival opens tomorrow so I'm going to a little party tonight.

王飛:對啊。戛納電影節於明天開幕,所以我今晚要去參加派對。

William: Wow! That's incredible! How did you get a ticket?

威廉:哇!那真是不可思議!你是怎麼拿到票的?

Wang Fei: Erm... well, I don't have a ticket as such. I'm just going to show up. I'm sure if I'm dressed like this they'll let me in.

王飛:嗯……。實際上我並沒有票。我只是打算去現場,因爲我覺得如果我打扮成這樣,他們會讓我進去的。

William: Right... so basically you're going to gatecrash a celebrity party.

威廉:好吧……也就是說你沒被邀請,但是要跑到名人派對上去。

Wang Fei: Gatecrash? What’s that?

王飛:Gatecrash?那是什麼?

William: To gatecrash a party. It means to go to a party even though you haven't been invited. Let's hear some more examples.

威廉:無票入場。意思就是你沒有接到邀請,但是混進了派對。我們再來聽一些例子。

Examples

例子

Woman A: What was the party like last night?

女A:昨晚的派對怎麼樣?

Woman B: Oh it was awful! All these kids crashed it and drank all the beer.

女B:哦,太糟糕了!一些孩子闖進了派對,喝了所有的啤酒。

Man A: How are the preparations going for the party tonight?

男A:今晚的派對準備得怎麼樣了?

Man B: Yeah, not bad.

男B:嗯,還不錯。

Man A: Aren't you worried it might get gatecrashed?

男A:你不擔心有人無票入場嗎?

Man B: Yeah, we’re going to pay a guy to be on the door to stop people coming in.

男B:嗯,我們會僱一個人在門口守着,防止那些人混進來。

Wang Fei: In the first example, the speaker described a party that was ruined because kids crashed the party. So, to crash a party means to gatecrash a party?

王飛:在第一個例子中,說話者稱那個派對被毀了,因爲孩子們闖入了派對。所以,crash a party和gatecrash a party是一個意思嗎?

William: Yeah. And in that second example, the speaker said that he was going to pay a guy to be on the door.

威廉:對。在第二個例子中,說話說稱他要僱一個人守在門口。

Wang Fei: 'To be on the door' – so this man will check that everyone who comes in has an invitation. Hmm… do you think that there might be someone on the door at this party tonight?

王飛:守在門口,所以這個人會檢查每個人的邀請函。嗯……你覺得今晚的派對會有人在門口檢查邀請函嗎?

William: The one that you’re going to?

威廉:你要去的那個嗎?

Wang Fei: Yes.

王飛:對。

William: The celebrity one in Cannes with George and Jack and Tom?

威廉:喬治、傑克和湯姆要在戛納參加的那個名人派對?

Wang Fei: Yeah.

王飛:對。

William: Yeah, I think, Wang Fei, there might be.

威廉:我想會有的。王飛,可能會有人守在門口。

Wang Fei: (crestfallen) Ah!

王飛:(沮喪的)啊!

William: Well, I tell you what, Wang Fei, my friend's having a birthday party in the pub down the road. Why don't you come to that instead? You'll be a little bit overdressed but I'm sure it will be fun.

威廉:嗯,王飛,我告訴你個好消息,我朋友要在那條路上的酒吧舉行生日聚會。你爲什麼不去參加呢?雖然你可能穿得有些過,不過我確定那個派對會很有意思的。

Wang Fei: I was just looking forward to a bit of glamour for a change, with George, Jack and…

王飛:我只是想換換口味,變得有魅力一些,和喬治、傑克和……

William: … and Tom, yeah I know. One day, Wang Fei, if you keep making great programmes with BBC Learning English then I’m sure that one day you’ll be mixing it with George and Jack and Tom.

威廉:還有湯姆,對,我知道。王飛,如果你堅持在BBC英語教學頻道製作優秀的節目,我確定,有一天你會和喬治、傑克還有湯姆一起出席活動的。

Wang Fei: But for now, I’ll have to be happy with the pub. Again. Bye.

王飛:可是現在,我又只能去酒吧消遣了。再見。

William: Bye!

威廉:再見!

重點講解:
1. off hand
馬上;立即;無需詢問(或查證);
eg. I can't think of any off hand.
我現在一個也想不出來。
eg. I can't answer your question off hand.
我不能立即答覆你的問題。
2. every now and then
時而;有時;
eg. And every now and then, something amazing happens.
不時地也會發生些不可思議的事。
eg. A good argument is essential, every now and then.
偶爾的良性爭執,是很有必要的。
3. as such
(與否定詞連用)嚴格來說,真正意義上;
eg. I am not a learner as such —I used to ride a bike years ago.
嚴格說來,我並不完全是一個初學者——幾年前我經常騎自行車。
eg. Mark joined as an office boy at the age of fourteen with no academic qualifications as such at all.
馬克在14歲的時候以勤雜員的身份進入公司,他當時根本就沒有任何學歷。
4. show up
如約趕到;出現;露面;
eg. He went sailing and did not show up for a long time.
他航行去了,而且很長一段時間沒有露面。
eg. When he eventually did show up, it was obvious to all that he had changed his original idea.
當他最終出現時,所有的人都清楚他已經改變了他最初的想法。
5. for a change
換換口味;變個花樣;
eg. Now let me ask you a question, for a change.
現在換我來問你一個問題吧。
eg. Liz settled back in her seat, comfortably relaxed, enjoying being driven for a change.
莉茲舒服放鬆地倚在座位上,享受着換別人開車的愜意。