當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 網絡社交英語口語 Unit16:你的機會來了

網絡社交英語口語 Unit16:你的機會來了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.29W 次
網絡社交英語口語 Unit16:你的機會來了

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

padding-bottom: 60%;">網絡社交英語口語 Unit16:你的機會來了

Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.

唐: 那位小姐要我謝謝你呢,赫伯特。

Herbert: So?

赫伯特: 所以咧?

Don: So, here's your 1) chance.

唐: 所以,你的機會來了。

Herbert: She's just being 2) polite. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

赫伯特: 她只是客氣。她不想傷害我的感情。

Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.

唐: 她接受了你的飲料。那表示她邀你去跟她說話。

Herbert: No, she's too pretty. I'm not in her 4) league.

赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。

Don: Don't blow it, Herbert! Get over there!

唐: 你別搞砸了,赫伯特。趕快過去吧!


語言詳解

A: Did you do the laundry yet?

你洗衣服了嗎?

B: No. I haven't had a chance to do it.

還沒,我還沒找到機會。

to hurt someone's feelings 傷(某人的)心,傷(某人的)感情】

讓人覺得難堪、悲傷、沮喪、自卑等負面的情緒,就是to hurt someone's feelings。

A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.

你那樣說傷了我的心。

B: I'm sorry. You misunderstood me.

對不起。你誤會我了。

to be in someone's league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)屬於同一類】

若要表示“配不上” 、“不同屬一類” ,除了把be改成be not,也可以說to be out of someone's league.

A: Look at the new girl! She's definitely my type.

你看那個新來的女生!她絕對是我要的型。

B: Keep dreaming. She's out of your league.

繼續做夢吧,她不是你配得上的。

1) chance (n.) 機會

2) polite (a.) 客氣的,禮貌的

3) invite (v.) 邀請

4) league (n.) 同一夥人,團體