當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第805期:我是自由職業

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第805期:我是自由職業

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.92W 次

in the middle of...

padding-bottom: 66.56%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第805期:我是自由職業

在...之間

He is standing in the middle of the room.

他站在屋子的中間。


I was in the middle of dinner when he called.

他打進來的時候,我正在吃晚飯。


employ

僱傭

The company employed several new staff.

公司又僱傭了幾個新員工。


self-employed

個體經營的;單幹的;自由職業的

I'm self-employed.

我是自由職業者。


employee

僱員


Conversation:

A: What's up? Are you in the middle of something?

你還好嗎?在忙嗎?


B: Yeah. I'm just working out how much money I've earned this month.

是啊,我正在算這個月我能賺多少錢。


A: Doesn't your company work that out for you?

這不是應該由你的公司給你算嗎?


B: I don't work for a company anymore. After I got fired last month, I decided to become self-employed.

我現在不在公司上班了,上個月被公司解僱之後,我決定自己幹。


A: Really? That's exciting. How do you like it so far?

真的嗎?太好了,那到現在爲止你乾的怎麼樣了?


B: Well, I can wake up whenever I want and I don't have to ask anyone's permission to take a break.

我可以想什麼時候起牀就什麼時候起牀,想休息的時候也不用徵求任何人的同意。


A: That sounds good.

聽起來不錯。


B: Actually. I'm working more hours now than I did before. But I don't mind as much because I'm the one making decisions.

實際上,我現在工作的時間比以前長多了。但是我不太介意這個,因爲我一個人說了算


A: How's the pay?

收入如何?


B: I'd rather not say. It's kind of a personal thing.

我不想說,這是我的私事。