當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語小故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(12)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(12)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.31K 次

Yes, that's right,' she replied. 'Too many people in the Muslim world can't believe a Muslim can do such a thing,' she said.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(12)
“對,沒有錯。”她回答,“很多穆斯林都無法相信一名穆斯林居然會做出這種事。”她說,

'My mother, for example, would say they can't be Muslims.

“舉例來說,我的母親就會說他們一定不是穆斯林。

Some people call themselves Muslims but their actions are not Islamic.'

有些人會稱自己爲穆斯林,但他們的行爲卻不遵守伊斯蘭教義。”

We talked about how things happen for different reasons, this happened to me, and how education for females not just males is one of our Islamic rights.

我們聊到許多事情因各種不同的原因而發生,這樣的情況就發生在我身上,以及受教育的權利不應只是男性擁有,女性也應當擁有,這才符合伊斯蘭教義。

I was speaking up for my right as a Muslim woman to be able to go to school.

我爲我自己的權利發聲,穆斯林女性理當擁有接受教育的權利。

Once I got my voice back, I talked to my parents on Dr Javid's phone.

一發現自己能再次說話了,我就用賈維德醫生的手機跟父母通話。

I was worried about sounding strange.

我擔心自己的聲音聽起來很奇怪。

'Do I sound different?' I asked my father.

“我的聲音聽起來是不是有些怪怪的?”我問父親。

No,' he said. 'You sound the same and your voice will only get better. Are you OK?' he asked.

“沒有,”他說,“你的聲音聽起來跟以前一樣,而且會越來越好聽。你那邊都還好嗎?”他問。

Yes,' I replied, 'but this headache is so severe, I can't bear the pain.'

“還好,”我回答,“但我頭痛得很厲害,幾乎無法忍受。”

My father got really worried.

父親真的很擔心。

I think he ended up with a bigger headache than me.

我猜到頭來,他的頭會痛得比我還厲害。

In all the calls after that he would ask, 'Is the headache increasing or decreasing?'

之後,每當我們通電話,父親都會問:“你的頭痛好些了嗎?還是變得更嚴重了?”

After that I just said to him, 'I'm OK.'

那次之後,我總會跟他說:“我挺好的。”

I didn't want to upset him and didn't complain even when they took the staples from my head and gave me big injections in my neck.

我不想讓父親擔心。就連院方給我的頭部拆線,往我的脖子打了一管超大的針劑都沒說。

'When are you coming?' I kept asking.

“你們什麼時候會過來?”我不停地問他們。