當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:你的差錯 我來埋單

雙語美文:你的差錯 我來埋單

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.75W 次

My mom passed away about 5 weeks ago...

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">雙語美文:你的差錯 我來埋單

大約一個半月前,我的母親去世了


we're having a service for her this weekend.

這個週末,我們舉行了葬禮


I wanted to make a program for the funeral

我希望在葬禮上能夠有一種手禮


that had details of her life,

能展示她一生的細節


photos and some graphics.

有照片,還有其他的圖像


I wanted it to fold in half like a greeting card

我希望這個東西可以對摺起來,就像一張祝福卡片


so that meant one of the panels had to be flipped upside down...

這就意味着,其中的一面必須上下顛倒翻折起來


the entire program was really difficult to make,

製作過程十分困難


I was extremely distraught the entire time

整個過程中我都心急如焚


so I wasn't paying attention, I guess.

我猜,自己根本沒注意葬禮上的講話


I sent the file over to my local printer...

我把做好的文件發給了一家附近的打印店


two-sided color,

雙面掃描


cost me about $200.

花了我大約200美元


I go to pick up the order

我去取打印出來的東西


and realize I screwed up.

卻發現自己搞砸了


I flipped the WRONG panel upside down.

我翻折過來的那一面是錯的


So when you fold it in half,

當你把它對摺起來的時候


my mom's face is upside down on the cover.

封面上母親的臉是上下顛倒的


I teared up in my car.

我坐在車裏痛哭流涕


I'd have to spend another $200 to fix the mistake...

爲了彌補這個錯誤,我不得不再花200美元


I walk back into the printer

我回到打印機前


and show him what happen.

告訴他事情的原委


This totally awesome dude goes:

店裏的小夥子,那個令人讚歎的小夥子對我說


", send me the correct file

哦,好吧,把順序正確的文件發給我


and I'll take care of it."

我會處理好的


He reprinted the whole thing for me for FREE.

他爲我把東西答應好了,分文不收


FREE!

分文不收!


He didn't have to do that...

他本沒有義務要這樣做