當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:一個外賣送餐員的感謝

雙語美文:一個外賣送餐員的感謝

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.89W 次

I work for Skip the Dishes

雙語美文:一個外賣送餐員的感謝

我的工作是送外賣.


If someone doesn't answer their door,

如果有人不出來接餐


we call.

我們就會打電話


If they don't answer the call,

如果他們連電話都不接


we message support chat,

我們會跟客服聯繫


and wait 7 mins while they try to contact them.

客服會嘗試聯繫買家,我們會等待7分鐘


If there is no answer after 7 minutes,

如果7分鐘之後仍沒有音訊


we can keep the food and leave.

我們可以自己收下食物,然後離開


You ordered from subway.

一個買家在三明治店下了單


A foot long pulled pork sub, and a 6 inch pizza sub. 2 bags of chips, and 1 cookie.

加長手撕豬肉三明治,六英寸長的披薩三明治,兩袋薯條,還有一塊曲奇


Because of you,

以爲你


my family ate today.

我們一家人都美餐了一頓


I was so excited,

我感到興奮無比


I ended my shift

我早早下班


and drove right home.

徑直開車回家


My boyfriend got half of the foot long

我的男友吃了半份加長三明治


and a bag of chips,

還吃了一包薯條


my son got the pizza sub

我兒子吃了披薩三明治


and half of my half of the footlong,

還吃了我那半個加長三明治的一半


as well as the chips and cookie.

還吃了薯條和曲奇


I got the remaining quarter of the foot long.

我吃了剩下的四分之一個加長三明治


I am the sole provider

我是家裏唯一掙錢的人


and we are not doing well.

家裏狀況並不好


I always short myself

我總是省吃儉用


to try to get them what they need.

設法爲他們提供他們所需的東西


I had to spend most of the grocery budget on bills this month

這個月,大多數的雜物消費都是賒賬


just to keep the water on and keep my job.

就爲了保住我的工作,爲了交水費


I haven't seen my son so excited in a long time,

我很久沒見兒子這麼開心了


as he was to get 2 treats with his yummy sandwich.

當他得知自己能吃到曲奇和薯條,還有美味的三明治的時候


I always feel bad when someone doesn't get their food.

當買家不接餐的時候,我總會十分內疚


Fortunately, the customer gets credit

還好,這樣的買家可以得到積分


so they can re-order the food again free of charge.

他們可以免費重新下單


I'm sure they were annoyed at me somehow,

不知爲何,我很確信,買家看到我的時候總是一副被惹惱的樣子


I normally get bad reviews

我時常會得到差評


when someone doesn't pick up their food,

當買家不來接餐


despite me doing everything I can,

無論我如何做都沒有作用的時候


but I wish they knew what it did for me.

我希望他們知道,因爲他們,我得到了什麼