當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:吃霸王餐嗎?用謝謝付賬的那種

雙語美文:吃霸王餐嗎?用謝謝付賬的那種

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.15W 次

In Texas, my family of 6 stopped at a small sub shop.

padding-bottom: 35.16%;">雙語美文:吃霸王餐嗎?用謝謝付賬的那種

那是在德克薩斯州,我們一家六口人來到地下地鐵站臺裏的一個小商鋪前。


The worker struck up a conversation with us

商鋪裏的店員跟我們攀談起來


and asked us what we were doing for the day.

問我們這天打算乾點啥


We explained that we were thinking about going to a wildlife nature park in which you must remain in your car for a self-guided tour,

我們說,我們正在考慮要不要去野生自然公園玩一玩,在那裏,你必須遵照安全遊園規章,只能呆在自己的車裏


but it was fairly expensive and wondering if it was worth it.

票價還很貴,我們很好奇,那個地方是否物有所值


He said that he had gone there several years ago and it was good,

對方說,他幾年前就去過那裏,還不錯


but it seemed expensive then to pay $25 per car.

不過,每輛車都要付25元門票,似乎有點太貴了


I said that this price seemed cheap now,

我說,現在看來,這個價算是很便宜了


as now they were requiring you to pay roughly $25 per person.

如今那裏的票價大概是每人25美元


He could not believe that to be true

他簡直不敢相信這是實話


as it would make difference to the company if there were 2 people or 10 people in the car,

因爲,無論一輛車裏坐得是2個人還是10個人,對於園區來說都沒什麼差別


as you never leave the car.

反正車上的人不能下車


I agreed with his logic, but the prices are what they are.

我同意他的話有道理,可是票價是別人定好了的


He left us to make the food.

店員暫時離開,去準備出售的食品


When we were done eating, he said that he found a way to get one person in free.

我們吃完了飯,那個店員說,他得知了一種辦法,可以讓一人免費入園


I thought that since he lived in this town, maybe he knew about how to get a discount ticket.

我想,既然這個人是本地人,說不定他知道怎麼弄到一張折扣票


Then he said that he was covering the total cost for our meal!

沒想到他卻說,他會爲我們支付這整頓飯的飯錢!


I tried hard to give him some money, but he insisted that he only wanted a thank you.

我堅持要把飯錢付給他,他卻執意不受,只願意接受一句謝謝。


This experience restored my belief that there are kind strangers out there.

這次經歷恢復了我對人性的信任,我相信,世界上還有素不相識,卻充滿友善的人。


翻譯:小木