當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第330期:征服

迷你對話學地道口語第330期:征服

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.35W 次

特別聲明

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第330期:征服

該文章中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,對話精講爲可可編輯編寫。

迷你對話

A: Tim’s smiles are interesting.

Tim的微笑很有趣。

B: Yes, they are shy and gentle but very powerful.

是的,他的微笑既羞澀和又溫柔,丹是有徵服人的力量。

A: You are right. They sweep Nancy off her feet. And now she fell head over heels in love with him.

你說得對,他的微笑迷倒了Nancy,現在她可全身心地愛着他。

B: How wonderful it would be if I had such smiles!

假如我有這樣的微笑改多少呀!

對話精講

第一 地道短語

sweep one off one’s feet

1 解詞釋義

此語的字面意思是“將某人從立足之地清掃出去”,比喻“征服某人,使得某人神魂顛倒”。

2 支持範例

His courtship swept her off her feet.

他的求愛立即贏得了她的心。

His dynamic wooing in turn swept her off her feet and they were married in London a few months after his exams.

他熱烈的追求也讓她傾心了,於是在他考試後兩三個月他們就在倫敦結婚了。

I heard he was swept off his feet by a girl he met in Taichung. Now he follows her everywhere.

我聽說他迷戀上一個在臺中認識的女孩子,而且現在他到處跟着她

You swept me off my feet.

你使我神魂顛倒。

第二 妙語生花

One’s smiles are shy and gentle but very powerful.

將解:這句話是對於一個人的肖像做描寫。

釋義:某人的微笑羞澀和又溫柔,丹是有徵服人的力量。

第三 詞海拾貝

1. fall head over heels in love with:愛某人愛得神魂顛倒

The girl fell head over heels in love with John, who was old enough to be her grandfather.

這個女孩神魂顛倒地愛上了約翰,那是一個年紀大得足以做她祖父的人。

I fell head over heels in love with her the moment I saw her.

我第一眼就不顧一切地愛上了她。

短語變異:be head over heels in love with sb.

I hear Xiao Li is head over heels in love with an old man who is 30years older than her, love is really a mystery.

聽說小麗愛上一個比她大三十歲的老頭子。愛情這個東西真難琢磨。

Ted is head over heels in love with a beautiful girl these days.
特德這幾天爲一個漂亮姑娘神魂顛倒。

2. head over heels:完全地,徹底地,深深地

He was head over heels in debt.

他債務深重。

I'm head over heels about the dress.

我極喜歡這件衣服。

I'm head over heels about this book.

我極喜歡這本書。