當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 一輛拖車就足夠了

一輛拖車就足夠了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.29W 次

For weeks I worked repairing the outside of a run down home幾個星期以來,我的工作都是修繕一幢破舊的房子,

padding-bottom: 52.66%;">一輛拖車就足夠了

I kept noticing the same man riding an old bike pulling a make shift cart, often filled with cans and junk.我經常看到一個男人,他騎着一輛舊舊的自行車,後面拉着一輛簡易的推車,推車裏經常裝滿了垃圾罐等垃圾

Eventually his bike broke, and for days I saw him struggling to walk the bike and loaded cart up and down the road.最後他的自行車壞了,接連幾天,我都看到他費力的推着自行車,後面拖着裝滿垃圾的推車,艱難的在馬路上來來去去

I asked if I could help by fixing his bike (it was beyond repair).
我問他是否需要我幫他修理自行車(其實那輛車已經壞的不能修了)
I noticed he had some sort of disability, but his respect for others, kindness and humility shown more brightly.
我注意到他身體有些殘疾,但他很尊重他人,態度友善,不卑不亢,這些品質更加引人注目


He politely declined, saying he was happy walking.
他委婉的拒絕了我的幫助,說自己很樂意步行。


I insisted and showed him a picture of a garden wagon I could get him for his heavy loads.
但我執意到幫助他,還提出我可以送給他一輛花園貨車,可以用來拖運他的東西,還把貨車的照片給他看。
He didn't want to impose , but I saw his eyes light up at the picture.
他說不想給我添麻煩,可是我發現,他看到照片的時候,眼睛亮了起來


He finally accepted my offer.
他最終接受了我的幫助
Finding he lived with his mother, I delivered the wagon there.
我得知他跟他的母親住在一起,我把貨車寄到了那裏
They were delighted far beyond what little I did for him.
兩人大喜過望,相比之下,我爲他所做的根本不算什麼
Each day he came by with his wagon load, at a brisk pace, we smiled and waved.
每天他都會推着推車從我眼前經過,步伐輕快,我們相互微笑,還對對方招手
I don't know about his load, but my heart was much lighter.
我不知道他拖運的東西有沒有變輕,但我感覺自己的心情鬆快了很多