當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第814期:被解僱

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第814期:被解僱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.05W 次

知識點總結

padding-bottom: 75%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第814期:被解僱


dismiss

(尤指因做錯事)使免職,將...解職


He has been dismissed from his job for incompetence.

他因無法勝任工作而被解職。


axe(美亦作ax)

He has been axed from the team.

他被團隊開除了。


lay off

開除;罷免

The factory is going to lay off many workers.

工廠打算裁員。



經典對話



A: Hello, John. Could you come to my office?

你好,約翰,能來一下我的辦公室嗎?


B: Sure. I'm just coming. Mr green, what can I do for you?

當然,我馬上就來格林先生,請問您找我有什麼事嗎?


A: Have a seat, please. The staff in your department are pretty good. Everyone is working hard, these are all inseparable from your management.

請坐。你們部門的員工都很努力,每個人都在認真的工作,這些都離不開你的管理。


B: It's nothing. We also need to improve sales performance in every month to create greater value for the company.

這沒什麼,我們還需要提高每個月的銷售業績,爲公司創造更大的價值。


A: Our business has been going down sharply in the past few months and we have to lay off some staff members.

我們的業務在過去幾個月裏急劇下降,我們不得不裁減一些工作人員。


B: Do you mean to cut staff in our department?

你的意思是說在我們部門裁減人員嗎?


A: Yes, I'm sorry to tell you the news. Although you have been working very hard, your department's performance is not very good.

是的,很抱歉告訴你這個消息,雖然你們一直都很努力,但是你們部門的業績一直不好。


B: I'm among the people who have to go?

我也是其中一員嗎?


A: As a sales manager, you have not increased our sales.

作爲銷售經理,你沒有增加我們的銷售量。


B: You know, I've always been very conscientious. This job is especially important to me. I was counting on it to feed my family.

你是知道的,我一直都很盡職盡責。這份工作對我來說很重要,我還指望他養活我的家人呢。


A: I'm so sorry, but this is the board's decision, there's nothing I can do.

我真的很抱歉,但這是董事會的決定,我也無能爲力。


B: All right. I try to accept the fact.

好吧,我儘量接受這個事實。