當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語小故事 > 雙語暢銷書《艾倫圖靈傳》第4章:彼岸新星(37)

雙語暢銷書《艾倫圖靈傳》第4章:彼岸新星(37)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.44W 次

He suggested going on the 16th and on the 18th we left.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《艾倫圖靈傳》第4章:彼岸新星(37)
16日他提議去滑雪,18日我們出發了。

A man called Wannier attached himself to the party at the last moment.

一個叫做萬尼爾的人在出發前加入了我們,

Probably just as well; I always quarrel if I go on holiday with one companion.

這樣挺好,因爲我與一個同伴獨處時,總是會爭吵起來。

It was charming of Maurice to ask me to join him.

莫瑞斯很熱情地邀請了我,

He has been very kind to me whilst I have been here.

假期中他也對我很友好。

We spent the first few days at a cottage where we were the only guests.

我們在一個村子裏待了幾天,那裏只有我們幾個遊客。

Afterwards we moved to a place where there were several Commonwealth Fellows and others of various nationalities.

然後我們去了別處,那裏還有另外幾個來自英聯邦的研究員,也有一些其它國家的。

Why we moved I don't know, but I imagine Maurice wanted more company.

我也不知道爲什麼我們要改去那裏,我想可能是莫瑞斯想跟更多的人一起玩。

Perhaps Alan wanted Maurice more to himself, for his friend was something of a grown-up Christopher Morcom.

也許艾倫希望莫瑞斯多跟自己玩,因爲他就像是成年的克里斯朵夫·默卡。

They drove back through Boston, where the car broke down, and on their return,

當他們開車穿越波士頓時,車拋錨了。在他們回來的時候:

Maurice and Francis Price arranged a party with a Treasure Hunt last Sunday.

上個星期天,莫瑞斯和弗蘭西斯·普利斯安排了一個尋寶大派對。

There were 13 clues of various kinds, cryptograms, anagrams, and others completely obscure to me.

共有十三種不同的線索,有字謎,密碼,電文,還有一些我不懂的東西,

It was all very ingenious, but I am not much use at them.

這些加密方式很巧妙,只是我不經常使用。