當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語小故事 > 《美食祈禱和戀愛》Chapter 72 (157):印度詩二首之一

《美食祈禱和戀愛》Chapter 72 (157):印度詩二首之一

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.3K 次

padding-bottom: 100%;">《美食祈禱和戀愛》Chapter 72 (157):印度詩二首之一

Two Poems from an Ashram in India

來自印度道場的兩首詩

First

第一首

All this talk of nectar and bliss is starting to piss me off.

這些甘露天堂的言談開始令我倒胃,

I don't know about you, my friend,

朋友,我不知你的情況,

but my path to God ain't no sweet waft of incense.

但通往神的道路對我而言可不芳香,

It's a cat set loose in a pigeon pen,

彷彿把貓放入鴿籠,

and I'm the cat—

我是那貓——

but also them who yell like hell when they get pinned.

也是被釘住而大吼大叫的那些人。

My path to God is a worker's uprising,

通往神的道路對我而言是勞工暴動,

won't be peace till they unionize.

除非組成工會,否則不得平靜。

Their picket is so fearsome the National Guard won't go near them.

這些示威者如此令人生畏,國民警衛隊不敢靠前。

My path was beaten unconscious before me,

我的前方道路久經踐踏、失去知覺,

by a small brown man I never got to see,

是我未能見到的小棕人所爲,

who chased God through India, shin-deep in mud,

他追趕神穿越印度,泥巴及脛,

barefoot and famined, malarial blood,

赤腳,缺糧,瘧疾纏身,

sleeping in doorways, under bridges—a hobo.

睡在門口、橋下——一個遊民。

(Which is short for "homeward bound," you know)

(可知,這是前往返鄉途中的簡稱)

And he now chases me, saying: "Got it yet, Liz?

如今他追趕我,說:小莉,懂了沒?

What HOMEWARD means? What BOUND really is?"

‘返鄉’是何意?何謂‘前往’的真實意義?