當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 心情沮喪,原來有這麼多表達,你都知道嗎?

心情沮喪,原來有這麼多表達,你都知道嗎?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.03W 次

心情沮喪,原來有這麼多表達,你都知道嗎?

“Depression” is a word we hear often, because it can be used in different ways. The word “depression” has three major definitions.

“沮喪”是我們經常聽到的一個詞,因爲它可以用不同的方式。“沮喪”一詞有三個主要的含義。


1. Depression

1.抑鬱


A feeling of extreme unhappiness or discouragement.

極度不快樂或沮喪的感覺。


My mother went through a depression after my father’s death.

我父親去世後,我母親患上了抑鬱症。


2. Depression

2.蕭條


A severe economic recession; when an economy is suffering.

嚴重的經濟衰退;經濟受挫時。


The Great Depression in the United States was a difficult time to find work, and support a family.

美國的經濟大蕭條時期,很難找到工作,養家餬口。


3. Depression

3.下陷


Something that is pushed down, sunken, or hollow on the surface.

表面被推倒、凹陷或低窪的東西。


We were planning to build a house on this property, but now we have noticed a big depression on the land, that might lead to flooding.

我們本來打算在這塊地上蓋一棟房子,但現在我們注意到地上有一個大坑,這可能導致洪水氾濫。


Below are a few synonyms to this commonly used word, depression, and examples of how to use them, so you can start practicing using them today!

下面是這個常用詞“抑鬱”的一些同義詞,以及如何使用它們的例子,所以你可以從今天開始練習使用它們!


1. Depression

1.沮喪


Dejection

黯然神傷


Feeling an extreme sadness.

感到極度悲傷。


The woman felt dejected after her beloved dog died.

她心愛的狗死後,這女人感到悲痛欲絕。


After the events of the previous day, I woke up feeling an extreme dejection.

前一天的事情發生後,我醒來時感到極度沮喪。


Despondency

垂頭喪氣


Feeling emotionally low of hope or confidence.

情緒上缺乏希望或信心。


I want to have hope, but after 12 rejection letters, I’m beginning to feel a merciless despondency.

我也想懷有希望,但在收到12封拒絕信後,我開始感到一種絕望的灰心喪氣。


Together, with love and support, we’ve gotten past the moment of despondency after last year’s events.

在愛和支持下,我們一起度過了去年那件事後的沮喪時刻。


Despair

絕望


Completely being without hope.

完全沒有希望。


Do not despair; you need to have hope for each and every day!

不要絕望,你需要每天都有希望!


The music had so much despair to the tune and melody.

這個音樂在曲調和旋律上都流露出深深的絕望。


Gloom

陰鬱沉悶


Feeling emotional darkness.[/en

感覺情緒消極陰暗。


[en]Walking through that dark, thick forest, I couldn’t help but feel a kind of gloom being there alone.

走在那片黑暗茂密的森林裏,我禁不住感到一種孤獨的憂鬱。


It was a rainy, dark, gloomy day, but sometimes, those are my favorite.

那是一個陰雨連綿,黑暗陰沉的日子,但有時,這些恰恰是我最喜歡的天氣。


Hopelessness

毫無希望的


Not having hope.

沒有任何希望。


It’s true, after a certain amount of rejections, I began to feel hopeless, but now in retrospect, I see the benefits of the situation.

的確,經過一定數量的拒絕之後,我開始感到絕望,但現在回想起來,我看到了這種情況的好處。


Hopelessness will benefit no one if you let it consume you.

如果你任由絕望吞噬你,沒有人會受益。


Misery

悲慘痛苦的


A physical, mental, or emotional distress.

身體、精神或情感上的痛苦。


There was so much misery during the war, but as a community, we always maintained hope.

戰爭期間有很多苦難,但作爲一個共同體,我們始終堅守着希望。


Misery is a dangerous emotion if you let it stay with you for too long.

如果你讓它停留太久,痛苦就成了一種危險的情緒。


Sorrow

悲傷欲絕


An emotion of severe sadness or distress caused by loss or disappointment.

因失去或失望而引起的極度悲傷或痛苦的情緒。


After my friend’s funeral, the sorrow stayed with me for months and years after.

在我朋友的葬禮之後,悲傷在我心裏持續了數月甚至數年。


The film was sorrowful, but so beautiful in its message.

這部電影很悲傷,但表達的內容卻很美。


2. Depression

2.蕭條


Recession

蕭條萎靡


A period of economic decline in a nation or city.

一個國家或城市的經濟衰退期。


The recession resulted in a lot of lost homes and businesses.

經濟衰退導致許多房屋和企業都承受損失。


The big question is what will happen to all of the recent college graduates, during this recession?

最大的問題是,在經濟衰退期間,所有的大學畢業生都會怎麼樣?


3. Depression

3.凹陷


Cavity

空洞


An empty space within a solid object.

固體物體內的空位。


My dentist found a deep cavity in one of the molars of my teeth.

我的牙醫在我的一顆臼齒上發現了一個深洞。


The car made a heavy noise as it drove over the large cavity in the road.

汽車駛過馬路上的大洞時會發出很大的噪音。[/cn

Dent

[cn]凹痕


A small hollow made by pressure.

由壓力形成的小洞。


I dropped my phone, and was so upset to find an ugly dent on its side, when I picked it up.

我把手機掉在地上,當我撿起它時,發現手機側面有一個難看的凹痕,我很難過。


The car parked next to mine was too close, and its driver dented my side door when opening theirs.[/en

停在我旁邊的車離我太近了,司機打開側門時把我的側門撞凹了。


[en]Indentation

缺口


A deep dip in something.

在某物上的深浸。


The scar on my right arm has left an indentation that always reminds me of the day I had my bicycle accident.

我右臂上的傷疤留下了一個凹痕,它總是讓我想起發生自行車事故的那一天。


My boyfriend bought me a silver necklace with an indentation of a heart.

我男朋友給我買了一條有心形凹痕的銀項鍊。