當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美國電影裏常見的俚語習語句型(3)

美國電影裏常見的俚語習語句型(3)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.58W 次

Believe it or not 信不信由你,你愛信不信

I've given up smoking, believe it or not.

padding-bottom: 100%;">美國電影裏常見的俚語習語句型(3)

我已經把煙給戒了,信不信由你.

That guy wearing the brown suit is our teacher, believe it or not.

那個穿灰色西裝的人是我們班主任,信不信由你.

Believe it or not, it does work.

信不信由你,這確有作用.

Ready to roll?可以走了嗎?

Ready to roll?(等於Are you ready to go?)意思是可以走了嗎.

I got every suitcase, Ready to roll?

我的箱子都準備好了,可以走了嗎?

any idea 你知不知道

在口語中,你知不知道可以說成any idea .

Excuse me, any idea what time it is?

勞駕,你知不知道幾點了?

Any idea when the mall will be closed?

你知不知道那個商店幾點關門?

Any idea why Lara is not here?

你知不知道勞爲什麼不在這?

get something under control 使......在控制下

Everything is under control.

一切盡在掌握.

We've got the fire under control.

我們已經把火控制住了.

The doctor told me she had the disease under control.

醫生跟我說了病情已經被控制住了.

You should learn to keep your temper under control.

你應該學會控制自己的脾氣.

get something out of control 不在控制下

We finally called the cops when things got out of control.

當事情完全失控的時候,我們給警察打了電話.

Gosh! My weight is out of control.

我體重又胖了.

bluff騙人,虛張聲勢

bluff意思是騙人,虛張聲勢.

Don't hit me! OK? I know Kong Fu. I'm not bluffing.別碰我,我會功夫,我可沒騙你.

He bluffed me into believing that he was innocent. 他裝模作樣騙得我相信他是清白的.

Don't be afraid of him, he is just bluffing. 不要怕他,他只是唬人.

No one knew whether he was bluffing. 誰也不能斷定他是不是在虛張聲勢嚇唬人.

beat sb to the draw 比別人搶先一步,搶先某人行動

We lost the project. Rainbow Company beat us to the draw.

這個項目我們沒有拿到,因爲彩虹公司搶先了一步.

Mary wanted to buy that painting by Picasso, but another millionaire beat her to the draw.

瑪麗想買畢加索的那幅畫,不過另一個百萬富翁捷足先登了.

My hands are tied 我束手無策,我無能爲力

My hands are tied 的解釋:我束手無策,我無能爲力

A: Mr. Leroad, can I hand in my homework next time. I left it at home.

A: Leroad 先生, 我能不能下次再交作業呢? 我把功課忘在家裏了.

B: All of the scores must be given to the office by Friday, so you must have your homework today. It is a school rule and there is nothing I can do. My hands are tied!.

B: 所有的分數都必須在禮拜五前交到辦公室(學校), 所以你今天一定要有你的作業。這是學校的規定, 我無能爲力.

"My hands are tied." 在這裏並不是真正“手被綁起來”的意思, 而是指“沒辦法”的意思。好比電話響了, 你很忙不能接, 也可以說:"Can you get it? My hand are tied." (我很忙, 你能接一下嗎?") .

I can't help you because my hands are tied.

我幫不上你,因爲我權力有限.

jazz up使...有刺激性(使...有活力,使...活潑)

A: What do you think of this?

A: 你覺得這怎麼樣?

B: It's kind of dead. Maybe you want to add more graphics to jazz it up.

B: 有點悶。也許你可以加點圖讓它變得生動有趣些。

"jazz (something) up" 是使一件原本可能有點沉悶的事變得有趣些。

有人在一個冗長的會議裏作些說些笑話之類的事, 企圖讓大家從昏迷中醒來, 就可以說"He tried to jazz the meeting up."

1. He has tried to jazz up the old car with a spot of paint and some accessories.
他設法用少許油漆和一些零件把那輛舊汽車弄得面目一新.

2. We need something to jazz up the party.
我們需要一些能活躍晚會氣氛的東西(或:活動).

3. I hope you got a great DJ to jazz up your party.
我希望你有一個很好的音樂主持人,這樣會使你的派對活潑起來.

Any time 不客氣,有事儘管開口

A: Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

A: 謝謝你的幫忙, 我真的很感謝.

B: Any time.

B: 不用客氣!

當別人向我們道謝時, 我們除了可以用"You're welcome."(不客氣!)外, 還可以用"Any time.", 意思是"不用客氣! 有事隨時開口."的意思.這句話真的很常用.